It’s no secret…while conquering being a businesswoman and a mother, life gets hectic. Juggling work, the kids, and and personal development is definitely a full-time job; however, let me tell you from experience that being your own boss has MANY benefits. These are not only benefits for yourself, but for your family. Here are ten reasons why being a mompreneur is AWESOME:
- Set your own hours. This is probably the BEST perk of being a mompreneur! YOU determine your work hours. Creating your own hours allots time for school drop off and pick up, grocery shopping, errand running, house cleaning, dinner cooking and….WORKING! My favorite part? Choosing when I want to travel. Why? I can work from the road! Also, working weekends is optional!
- Do what you love! What do you like to do in your free time? Mompreneurship allows you to turn your hobby into cash, or just allow you the time to even have a hobby! Do what you want, when you want!
- Earn as much as you work. Not feeling motivated? Well, your income will show it. Mompreneurship keeps you on your toes. YOU determine your income. Work hard, play hard.
- There is always room to grow. Everyone has to start somewhere. There is always room for expansion! If you’re feeling overwhelmed, it doesn’t always have to be a one woman show. Hire a mini you!
- Getting started does not break the bank. Your garage or spare bedroom is all you need to set up shop. If you’re an internet based business, like myself, all you need is a laptop. The desk can come later.
- You can start today! TODAY! What are you waiting for? The perfect moment will never come, so JUST DO IT. The only thing holding you back, is you.
- There are no education requirements. You don’t need a Bachelor’s degree or any piece of paper to prove your worth. As an entrepreneur, you can teach yourself everything from budgeting to marketing. This is something I had a very hard time accepting. I’ve always had a goal to earn a BA degree, but after numerous attempts to get that ball rolling, it never worked out. I quickly discovered that I had to accept that an move on. So far, so good!
- You make the rules….plain and simple.
- Small business is BOOMING. Customers and clients are much more likely to talk YOU. Why? Most likely your products or service are cheaper because you do not have overhead, you self-produce and are local. Biggest plus? Small business owners get tax incentives and motivation to launch in their hometowns. Go get ‘em!
- You WILL feel accomplished. Nothing feels as great as seeing your own company take off. When you’re a success, you will have a great sense of accomplishment and an overwhelming feeling of pride in your abilities. Times will get tough, but that’s okay. You will only get stronger, you will learn from your mistakes and get smarter. Embrace mistakes and move forward!
So, when are you starting? Hopefully your answer is, “You had me at #1!”
Good luck! And……YES, YOU CAN!